319 North Graham-Hopedale Road Burlington, NC 27217
Phone 336-570-6532

Alamance County Department of Social Services

We partner with individuals, families, and communities to meet the needs of Alamance County citizens. We aim to promote self-sufficiency for individuals and families and prevent the abuse, neglect, and exploitation of vulnerable citizens.

Agency Announcements

Please see our Agency Announcements page for agency updates, upcoming community events, and new resources.

Corona Virus Relief Fund

If you are want more information regarding the Corona Virus Relief Fund and qualifications needed visit the Agency Announcements page.

Energy Assistance Program – Updated 7/7/21.

Due to the COVID-19 restrictions/guidelines, and to keep our clients safe, energy applications and interviews will not be conducted in person. We have funding available at this time.

To Apply: The following procedures are in place:

  • Energy applications and interviews will not be conducted face-to-face.
  • Applications can be picked up at the main entrance of the DSS building, printed from our website, taken by phone or mailed per customer request.  
    • Contact 336-570-6532 to place an application
    • If picking up your application at the DSS building, you must return to your vehicle to complete the application. 
  • Once completed, applications can be returned to Alamance DSS by:
    • Secured drop box located at the main entrance of Social Services
    • Mail to 319 N. Graham Hopedale Road Suite C Burlington, NC 27217
    • Email at Myenergyapp@alamance-nc.com
    • Fax at 336-228-2021
  • Additional information can be returned with your application such as income verification (last 4 paystubs if paid weekly, last 2 paystubs if paid biweekly) and energy bill information.

Once your application is received your interview will be conducted by telephone—your application will not be considered valid until an interview has been completed and a signed application received.  You will be contacted by an energy worker for an interview, so please include a valid contact phone number to ensure your interview can be completed.  Once the interview has been completed, your application will be processed.

Per new state policy, you do not have to be at a point of disconnection to apply for services, you only need a past due bill.

To find more information about eligibility and links to print an application in English or Spanish. Click Here.

To inquire if funding is available, please call our information line at 336-229-2974.

Now, you can now easily report changes to your Food and Nutrition Services (Food Stamps), Medicaid, WFFA and Child care case using our online HIPAA compliant form. Once your change is received, your caseworker will contact you if additional information is needed.

Click to complete the secure change form.

You now have the option to upload supporting documents for your application or re-determination requested by your caseworker.

Click to upload supporting documents.

Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Under the Food Stamp Act and USDA policy, discrimination is prohibited also on the basis of religion or political beliefs.

To file a complaint of discrimination, contact USDA or HHS. Write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-6382 (TTY). Write HHS, Director, Office for Civil Rights, Room 506-F, 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201 or call (202) 619-0403 (voice) or (202) 619-3257 (TTY). USDA and HHS are equal opportunity providers and employers.

Clients have the right to free interpreter services. Los clientes tienen el derecho de los servicios de intérprete gratis.