The Mobile Library will travel all over the county, providing the same services as our physical branches. You can put items on hold, have them delivered, and pick them up the next time the Mobile Library comes to your area!
You can browse our shelves, which will have popular fiction and nonfiction titles for all ages, audiobooks, DVDs, CDs, and magazines. At certain stops, we will offer story times and other programming; if you’re interested in having programming, let us know! Contact Outreach Here.
Mobile Library News & Schedule
Connect to our Wi-Fi anytime.
How Do I…
- Find a Book
- Get a Library Card
- Renew/Request a Book
- Find Hours & Locations
- Check the Events Calendar
- Get Downloadable Books
- Search Our Resources
- Make a Suggestion
- Reserve a Zoom Pass
- Reserve a Book Club Kit
- Volunteer at the Library
- Request a Mobile Library/Café Stop
- Request a Meeting Room
- Get a Passport
Check Out Our History!
Promoting the Mobile Library
We also need your help letting the community know we are coming to your area! We will be promoting stops on our website and social media, and asking community partners to share it on their feeds as well, but sometimes the best way to reach people is word of mouth.
Feel free to use any of the graphics below on your social media. If you need something for a print publication, contact us and we will send you a high-resolution graphic.
Request a Bookmobile Stop
We are creating a schedule for the Mobile Library right now, and would love your suggestions for stops! There are a few things to keep in mind when considering what would be a good stop:
- Ample space for a large RV-size vehicle to pull into the location, and either enough space to circle around to go back out, or a separate exit so the Mobile Café doesn’t have to back up.
- Parking near the Mobile Library that patrons can use.
- The drive should be appropriate for the vehicle (preferably not gravel) and easily driven
- Patrons! We want to be where people will be, such as a neighborhood or a day care or a reoccurring event, or in a central location easily reachable by our patrons.
- Access to restrooms (for our staff) and wireless access would be preferable.
- Places willing to advertise the stop via flyers, signage, newsletters, websites, and/or social media.
You can email these forms to email@example.com, fax them to 336-229-3592, mail them to: Outreach Services, Alamance County Public Libraries, 342 S. Spring St., Burlington, NC 27215, or drop them off at your local branch!