The Mobile Library travels all over the county, providing the same services as our physical branches. You can put items on hold, have them delivered, and pick them up the next time the Mobile Library comes to your area!
You can browse our shelves, which have popular fiction and nonfiction titles for all ages, audiobooks, DVDs, and take and make craft kits (as available). At certain stops, we offer story times and other programming; if you’re interested in having programming, let us know! Call (336) 513-9331 or email Outreach.
Mobile Library Schedule
Connect to our Wi-Fi anytime.
Printable Schedule – January 2023
Printable Schedule – February 2023
How Do I…
- Find a Book
- Get a Library Card
- Renew/Request a Book
- Find Hours & Locations
- Check the Events Calendar
- Download & Stream Books
- Print Wirelessly
- Search Our Resources
- Make a Suggestion
- Reserve a Zoom Pass
- Reserve a Book Club Kit
- Volunteer at the Library
- Request a Mobile Library/Café Stop
- Request a Meeting Room
Check Out Our History!
Request a Bookmobile Stop
We alter our Mobile Library schedule each quarter, and would love your suggestions for stops! There are a few things to keep in mind when considering what would be a good stop:
- Ample space for a large RV-size vehicle to pull into the location, and either enough space to circle around to go back out, or a separate exit so the Mobile Library doesn’t have to back up.
- Parking near the Mobile Library that patrons can use.
- The drive should be appropriate for the vehicle (hard surfaces and without low-hanging branches) and easily driven
- Patrons! We want to be where people will be, such as a neighborhood or a day care or a reoccurring event, or in a central location easily reachable by our patrons.
- Access to restrooms (for our staff) would be preferable.
- Places willing to advertise the stop via flyers, signage, newsletters, websites, and/or social media.
Request a Stop
Promoting the Mobile Library
You can email these forms to email@example.com, fax them to 336-229-3592, mail them to: Outreach Services, Alamance County Public Libraries, 342 S. Spring St., Burlington, NC 27215, or drop them off at your local branch!
We also need your help letting the community know we are in your area! We promote stops on our website and social media, and ask community partners to share it on their feeds as well, but sometimes the best way to reach people is word of mouth.
Feel free to use any of the graphics below on your social media. If you need something for a print publication, contact us and we will send you a high-resolution graphic.