Alamance Board of Elections is a three member board appointed every two years to ensure fair, honest, impartial, and efficient elections on the municipal, county, state, and federal level.
It is responsible for the overall administration and implementation of the electoral process including maintaining city and county voter registration records, campaign finance disclosures, and voter education in Alamance County.
2022-2023 Workload Measures
1. Track the number of BOE voter education events
2. Track the number of election officials trained each election
3. Track the number of voter information changes (i.e. new registrations, name, address and party changes,
duplicate registrations, etc.)
4. Track the number of verification cards mailed (i.e. new registration changes, NCOA changes, list
maintenance changes, etc.)
5. Track the number of voter registrations removed due to MFC, Death, Felony or voter request
6. Obtain a PO Box for more security of absentee ballots and voter information
7. Track the number of Early Voting Participants
8. Track the number of absentee ballots mailed and returned
9. Track the number of Election Day Voters
10. Track the number of in/out phone calls
11. Upload information to Social Media
|2022-2023 Performance Management Goals|
|1) To ensure correct statutory and procedural processes are efficiently followed, the BOE will require each|
position (judges, voting equipment assistants, greeters, curbside assistants and check-in assistants) to
attend one training class, whether in person or in a virtual format, offered to precinct officials for each
|2) To ensure accurate elections, Elections staff will complete 100% of statutorily required logic and|
accuracy testing and voting equipment calibration on all voting equipment prior to each election.
|3) To abide by State standards, the BOE will participate in the statutorily required Mock Election prior to|
|4) To provide voters with confirmation infTo provide voters with confirmation information and encourage voter participation, the BOE will mail|
voter cards within two weeks from the time the voter registration application/change was received in the
Board of Elections office.
|5) To facilitate voter information, the BOE will participate in six events: virtual or online events, festivals,|
civic events to engage the voting population.
|6) To provide information to the public, the BOE will post NVRA (National Voter Registration Act)|
Statistics on the website monthly.
|7) To provide information to the public, the BOE will post a report of the current registered voters in|
Alamance County by precinct, party, race, and gender monthly on the website.
|8) To provide information to the public, the BOE will scan and post Quarterly Campaign Finance Reports|
to the website within one month of receipt from the campaign in order to encourage the availability and
public transparency of campaign finance reports.