The Sheriff’s Department provides law enforcement services and protection, secures courts and serves criminal and civil process papers, operates jail facility and provides custody, security, care, feeding and medical welfare of inmates, and provides animal control services.
2022-2023 Workload Measures
1. Number of employee training hours
2. Number of calls for service
3. Average daily population (“ADP”) of the detention center
4. Number of civil papers resolved
5. Number of School Resource Officer calls for service
6. Number of School Resource Officer official contacts with students
7. Number of School Resource Officer official contacts with parents
8. Number of Animal Control intakes
9. Number of Animal Control transports to the shelter
|2022-2023 Performance Management Goals|
|1) ACSO will continue the multijurisdictional task force to combat violent and drug-related crimes.||In Progress|
|2) ACSO will meet or exceed the National clearance rate in six or more reporting areas of the Uniform|
Crime Report as reported by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (if data is available by the FBI).
|3) ACSO will meet or exceed the State clearance rate in six or more of the eight reporting areas of the|
Uniform Crime Report as reported by the State Bureau of Investigation (if data is available by the SBI).
|4) ACSO will continue to conduct stay interviews with high potential employees in order to increase|
|5) ACSO will work with the Citizens' Public Safety Review Advisory Board in order to provide|
transparency and opportunities to make recommended changes within the agency.
|6) ACSO will continue to use employee surveys and an online suggestion/feedback form to increase|
employee engagement and improve the organization.
|7) ACSO SROs will conduct outreach programs and community policing initiatives to further build|
|8) ACSO will continue the Inmate Litter Pick Up Program primarily focused on county roads.||In Progress|
|9) ACSO will proactively recruit new hires through a variety of recruitment efforts (virtual, in-person, open|
house, social media, etc.).